My Yoga Practice
Life appears to move so fast today, having a distracting and fragmenting effect on the individual. It’s easy to forget how to live and be present with yourself. Society can seem to take us further away from a fundamental connection with ourselves which we seek. This continuous search appears to be a significant cause of stress, the root of many illnesses.
We turn to overeat, to drink, consuming (shopping). Working or worrying or use the plethora of distracting devices available to try to find a sense of peace within ourselves. The trouble is it’s an endless search if you’re looking all over the place instead of right where you are.
My yoga practice has been a constant source of peace, power and inspiration. As a man, as a husband, a father and as a family. It keeps unfolding and is a living part of how we lead our lives, and it brings love and appreciation, peace and fulfilment.
My yoga qualifications.
My practice and teaching started with Sivananda yoga in 1996, a few years later, I did my first yoga teacher training course, qualifying to teach in 1998. Since then, I have diligently practised and learnt about myself through Yoga. I did my second yoga teacher training in 2015 and am an IYN registered 500-hour teacher. The way I teach now is very different to how it was when I started.
Scaravelli inspired yoga
Scaravelli inspired yoga is not dogmatic, its an individualised approach which can help and encourage you to realise you have choices. How to let the body find its natural way into the functional movement that suits the individual.
I encourage students to explore through precise techniques how they have embedded holding patterns, through injury or just life. Once we can let go of these, the breath and the fluid body responds without our will. Our Yoga practise takes on its own life because it is entirely natural for us.
- 2018 Accredited IYN 500 hour yoga teacher.
- 2015 Graduated with a 200-hour Dip. 2 Scaravelli inspired yoga teacher training qualification from the IYN accredited Acquaviva School of Yoga.
- 2011 – 2013 Attended Silent Meditation retreats with Mooji (3 x 8-day retreats)
- 2007 – to-date. I have worked with many leading Scaravelli teachers including; Angela Farmer, Diane Long, Sophy Hoare, Pete Blackaby, Marc Acquaviva (aka Marc Woolford), Sandra Sabatini and Gary Carter.
- 2002, we set up a yoga centre for the Island from our home, as Yogi Generation later renamed the Isle of Yoga, we have hosted retreats, workshops, classes and residential courses since then.
- 2001-Suffered a prolapse disc leads me to the Scaravelli approach to practice and yoga.
- 1999 -2002 Studied with Clive Sheridan at yoga retreats in England, Nepal and India.
- 1998 Graduated with a 200-hour RYT Yoga Alliance qualification with Sunra School of Yoga teacher training. Based on the Sivananda School of yoga.
- 1996 Exploring Yoga and Meditation as a home practice.
- Accredited and insured IYN 500 hour yoga teacher.
I’m 58 now and have never felt better in my whole life; this Yoga works.